Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Arrrghhh!!!

My session at the Front yesterday was a disaster to say the least. Sess started pretty well, feeling good on my warm-ups. That was till I got on a project and twisted my right knee getting into a drop-knee. I knew shit has hit the fan when I felt my knee crunched out of alignment. Now the area around my MCL's swollen and painful and any slight rotation of the tibia'll set off the knee in lock mode. I pray that this doesn't set me back permanently. Screw drop-knees!!!

5 comments:

  1. Do you know how to test the MCL using a valgus force? Test at 0 & 30 degrees of flexion. If you have any laxity (which it sounds like you do) you should wear a straight leg immobilizer for 10-14 days or so for the ligament to heal correctly. I'm so sorry!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! Done that. Still looking around for a leg immobilizer or knee brace. Meantime, I'm just wearing a knee guard and icing it tons. Thanks for the tip Rachel!!! Hope things are better on your side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries. If you were still here then I could totally hook you up with one. That is definitely a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ouch! i'm sorry to know about this. i had torn mcl myself about a yr ago so i know how painful it can be. like your experience, i had hardly flex my knee the next day without excruciating pain. saw a sports doc and was placed on a 4 month physio and strengthening programme. but what really took the pain out for me was acupuncture. not sure if that is readily available for you here. but i hope you recover soon. --ginno

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rachel, appreciate it. Hey Ginno, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get reliable acupuncture in Mormon-land. Looking on the bright side, I still got me arms and one good leg. How are things with you btw?

    ReplyDelete