Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pocket Rocket!

That's right, me little Pocket Rocket finally sent Ghetto Crossing. The winter rains decided to take a break and gave us a tiny window on Sat to head out to Malibu Creek. Conditions were not ideal...hike was muddy, creek was bursting its banks, traverse was slimey, cave was flooded, holds were damp, but heck....we were so adamant about getting back onto our projects that we were willing to wade into the freezing creek just to get to the Ghetto Wall.

Super stoked to see her send it, I probably screamed louder than her when she clipped the chains. And I guess the energy of the SEND TRAIN just kept going! Came within a move from clearing the crux of Lateralus myself so I guess it's Game On!

Pics and vid should follow in the coming weeks for Ghetto Crossing.

And speaking of winter, it's certainly a blessing that the weather for the "coldest" time of the year is actually pretty refreshing...away from the smog of Summer and the gloom of Fall. Here's a typical view of LALA-Land in So Cal these couple of weeks.



Here's another pic I took while on a visit to Pacifica High School in Orange County. If we had this view in Spore, I wonder how many of my kids would've skipped school, plus there's PE everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment