Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring 2010

Looks like my doctoral program has taken it's toll on my blogging. Not a good thing. In fact, my Spring semester has been kinda crazy. Nevertheless, here we are at the end of winter and looking forward to some good climbing days to come. It does snow occasionally. Kinda like winter's way of letting us know that it ain't going without a fight but on the whole, it's been pretty good T-shirt and shorts weather for the last couple of days...when I say "T-shirt and shorts" days, I mean temps in the 50s. Do not make the mistake that I'm referring to the Singaporean "average of 92F T-shirt and shorts" day. I'm so gonna melt when I return to Long Beach, let along Spore.

Anyway, here are a couple of pics taken during on my winter walkabout on campus at the U of U.







Who would've thought that the Merril approach shoes I got from Team Spore will actually work on snow. Good traction but the sole eventually delaminated after several months of stomping.



The snow kept us in most of the time and when you can't get climbing done outside, you're left with quite alot of time at your disposal. Tried my hands at baking cos when you want ya own cinnamon rolls, you just gotta bake it yaself.


The aftermath...pretty darn good cinnamon rolls!!


And one of the greatest perks of living here in SLC, besides being at a Research 1 University and 30-mins from world class climbing, is my very own mountain view from the bedroom every morning. And if you are reading this post, I do encourage you to click on the image for a better look.

No comments:

Post a Comment