Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tossed by Waves

As my final semester in CSULB approaches its final 4 weeks, this is literally how I'm feeling...tossed by the waves of worldly concerns and uncertainties of finding a job for our move to Utah. The only hope I have is the knowledge that the Lord will calm the storm, and as I plan my course, He will direct my steps.

And then there's the wait for my send of Lateralus. The fact that I can get past the last clip and gun towards the anchors may seem to signify that the send is imminent but with my current level of fitness, it's difficult to cruise through the 13a section after a desparate V9/10 section. This is further compounded by me having to take more rest days due to my elbow tendinitis, which have also kept me from my usual structured training. Let's hope that with last week's refinement of the crux moves, I will have a better shot at it this weekend.

We returned to climb at the gym this week after a 2-1/2 week hiatus and it's crazy how alienating climbing seemed to feel. We were so caught up with getting through the semester that it had unknowingly crept up ahead of most priorities in our lives...one of which is climbing. And naturally, you snooze, you lose. Ironically, our friends back in Spore still have the impression that we're enjoying a climbing bum life here in the US when in fact, we are just as busy as any city slicker, having to get through grad school, working to pay off rent and making sure there's food on the table at the end of the day. Such a contrast from my days of staying in 5-star joints for a weekend climbing trip to Malaysia, zipping around in a suped-up rice rocket, dining in fancy restaurants and catching soccer games on my 50-in plasma flatscreen TV. What a worldly life of excess I had then! Sadly I was clearly poor in spirit.

Nevertheless, regardless of my current predicament, I am truly thankful for the position that I am in now. While I lack so many necessities in life, I'm rich in Spirit. I rejoice to know that Jesus is with me, for He has cause me to grow so much with the little that I possess. And in light of the uncertainties that lie ahead, I can only pray...

...as for Thy way, O Lord,
I often am not clear;
I toward seclusion tend
And from the pathway veer.

Oh, may Thy living light, Lord,
Scatter all my night, Lord,
And everything make bright, Lord,
For this I pray to Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment